Wednesday, September 26, 2007

2-rows, 3-rows, 4-rows, we got 'em!



It is always an exciting time when we craftaholics take the opportunity to add new styles to our repertoire. I have been doing 3-row chokers since the beginning, & added 2-row pieces a few months ago. I just added 4-row chokers & sold my 1st one as a custom order!
So cool to be able to build another person’s vision!


Also working on a Design-Your-Own Tribal Choker page on my website at
www.WolfLodgeTX.com with a photo of the glass crow bead colors I usually have in stock. Need to add photos of the bone & horn hairpipe sizes & the options for golden deerskin or black leather, & bone vs. leather spacers. Whew!
Wouldn’t it be neat to have a page that would let you play around with components & be able to see a virtual mockup of your finished design? Sort of like how many clothing catalog sites let you see an item in various colors: it can be done, but it’s out of my pricing budget for the foreseeable future.

Built another 4-row custom order in dark red last night, have 1 more to build in a nice aqua/teal color. Hopefully these will be satisfactory!

I found some really neat turquoise pendants about 1 ½” wide; one blue & one green, each with an interesting matrix. Have to find the exact combination of colors to show them off properly.

Still working on my 3rd dice tower with my 1st attempt at abalone inlay – a whole lot more work than I expected!

I have more designs in my brain bucket than I have time to fashion, as well as all those home projects: the brick walkways, brick pedestals for our wolf statues (1 of the 3 still awaits paint), rebuilding the porch for a wheelchair ramp, as well as adding a ramp & screen door to our little screened room. I already have all the brick (free!), and those piles of cedar lumber (free!), just have to haul sand & mortar & my butt out there to get to work (free!). Boy, do I need retirement or what?!?

My darlin’ wife is doing better, 6 weeks out from her concussion. She is up & around somewhat, & is doing the cooking again – woo-hoo! Our zoo is very happy to see her again.

Thank You, Father, for your blessings. May we ever prove worthy of them: amen!

No comments: