Tuesday, October 16, 2007

The Ol' Abbot's Bad Doggy Rodeo

Redneck neighbors have 2 very large dogs that are becoming aggressive. One is a chocolate lab, the other is yellow & looks like a lab/Great Dane mix. The brown one came onto our property once while back & I shooed him off. The yellow one has come over numerous times, & growls & snarls at me when I try to run him off before he hurts my cats/kittens.

Recently he was doing his macho bravado canine gig, so I drop down & give him my best alpha male wolf snarl. He yelps, jumps into the air, then clumsily skitters back to his own yard. He stops & turns, woofs: I growl, he tears off, taking up chocolate boy in tow as they bolt at full tilt past their humans' house.

Recently I heard him yelp - I bolted outside, he was in full retreat & my mama cat was strolling nonchalantly across the porch. Hmmm. Today my darlin' wife hears the same thing, opens the door & loses it. Out in the driveway is Big Yeller, howling for all he's worth as mama cat swings merrily on his side & he spins in crazy circles trying to dislodge this teeny tabby. Her tomcat tabby son is standing on Big Yeller's back, riding him like a mechanical bull. This goes on until he tires out & lies down. My cats climb down & saunter up the driveway. He jumps up & hauls for home. Yee-haaawww!

Funny today, but I worry about my wife being outside without me.I guess she'll be OK as long as little mama cat Jewel is on patrol. "Warning: this property guarded by nursing elderly attack kitty. "

No comments: