Thursday, July 31, 2008

A Canyon, Far Too Wide

And now you stand so near,
But seem lifetimes away,
The time we never had
In moments, torn away.

So here, I wait for you
My soul in aching need,
To hold you in my arms,
And feel you, loving me.

Will God give me the time
To show you all my love,
Or is He reaching down
To take me, from above?

I know we can't be We,
Til others' paths are walked
And I cannot pretend
I am not reeling, rocked.

But this I tell your eyes,
All sparkling, burning blue
That my girl, my love,
I always have loved you.

So here I stand, beside
The chasm of our wait
To trust our God above
To bless our love, our fate.

To taste your kisses sweet,
Then taste the lonely tears
Of too many times apart
And the passage of my years

My girl, I promise to
Give you everything I know
To make you happy, girl,
Til the moment that I go.

When I lie awake, these nights
I see you, lying there,
I ache to touch your face,
And just caress your hair.

No, patience isn't mine
Perhaps it ne'er will be
But promises, I make
To hold your love, for me...

No comments: