Wednesday, July 09, 2008

When Thunder rolls, across my soul

When thunder rolls across my soul I feel it in my bones
They rattle & quake & make me awake
And remind me that I live…

When thunder starts within my heart
With the roaring flood of my crimsoned blood
It reminds me that I live…

When thunder is flung straight thru my lungs
As an icy breeze, it brings me to my knees
And reminds me that I live.

When thunder finds itself upon my mind
Warm as a storm in summer’s dusk,
It reminds me that I live.

When thunder shears across my ears
And lightning flies ‘cross my brightening eyes
It remind me that I live.

When thunder rains within my brain
And I stand proud ‘neath a darkling cloud
It reminds me that I live

As welcome as new dawned day,
Be it clouded or hot, blue-skied or not,
You remind me why I live.

And I wish that you stood with me, too.
As long as I live, you have all I can give.
You remind me why I love.

No comments: